Leadership In Action Series 1: Business Sector
Today, Leadership Montgomery launched its Leadership in Action Webinar Series– a four part series to hear how local leaders in our community are stepping up; working tirelessly to save lives, stimulate the economy, and meet the needs of its internal and external stakeholders. There is no manual or guideline, but each of them is creating their own.
Series one featured leaders from the business sector discussing the challenges they have been presented and how they are continuing to lead during this difficult time. Today’s panelists included:
Marilyn Balcombe (CORE 2000)– President & CEO, Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
Georgette “Gigi” Godwin (CORE 2004)- President & CEO, Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
Marji Graf – President & CEO, Rockville Chamber of Commerce
Ginanne Italiano (CORE 2003)– President & CEO, Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
Carmen Larsen (CORE 2004) -Chair, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Montgomery County
Our panelists discussed the needs of their members, creating and updating their crisis plans and what we all should be focusing on during this pandemic. Marji Graf even shared her Top 11 priories:
- Think about how short-term decisions will affect your long-term plans.
- Focus on others; not yourself
- Forget about your commodity; focus on your relationships
- Forget about the sale; focus on creating value.
- Forget about your losses; focus on your opportunities
- Forget about your difficulties; focus on your progress
- Forget about the future; focus on today
- Forget about who you were; focus on who you can be
- Forget about events; focus on your responses
- Forget about what’s missing; focus on what’s available
- Forget about your complaints; focus on gratitude.
Click below to watch the full video: