Stay informed and sign up for our newsletter
Programs for Building a Network of Engaged Leaders
- Seven monthly interactive sessions
- Leadership skills curriculum developed and facilitated by certified Leadership and Development professionals
- Team projects
- Interactive tours
- Engagement with established multi-sector leaders
- Enhanced knowledge of Montgomery County government, business and nonprofit sectors
- Additional opportunities beyond session days, such as learning enhancement, group projects, and special engagement event
Emerging Leaders is a dynamic program designed for professionals looking to develop and grow their leadership capabilities, enhance their knowledge of Montgomery County, and build their network.
Participants develop their leadership capabilities through a curriculum designed and facilitated by certified Learning and Development professionals. They also build their knowledge of the county through site visits, engagement with leaders across the sectors, and team projects addressing pressing county-wide issues.
As a result, they emerge as more well-rounded, informed, and connected leaders who are better able to plan and implement a progressive path toward higher leadership positions.
In addition, the program offers exclusive opportunities beyond session days, such as learning enhancements, group projects, and special engagement events.
While there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to program acceptance, participants typically possess the following:
- Years of professional experience: 3-5 years
- Job Title(s) Manager, Program/Project Manager, Program Director, Specialist, Supervisor, Associate
- Organizational responsibilities: Program/Project Management, Duties defined by a specific functional area, such as communications, budget, development
Participants leave the program as part of an exclusive alumni network of more than 2,500 emerging and established leaders who are better informed of county history and present-day realities. They also emerge better connected to the people, organizations, and service opportunities that can collectively move Montgomery County forward.
Organizations supportive of their staff member’s participation can gain additional visibility and recognition as being committed to the improvement of Montgomery County as well as engaged employees with access to a network that can assist in helping businesses thrive.
The EL Program occurs once per month from September to May (excluding December and February) of each year. Each session day typically runs from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Session dates for the Class of 2024:
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023
- *No December Session
- Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024
- *No February Session
- Wednesday, Mar. 20, 2024
- Thursday, Apr. 18, 2024
- Thursday, May 16, 2024
- Be a rising leader within their organization or industry and either live or work in Montgomery County
- Have the full support AND expressed permission to apply from the organization for whom the participant works
- Complete and submit an application for the EL Program
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
The full tuition cost is $2,900. Tuition assistance is available through an application process and is subject to available funds. Applicants must submit tuition assistance requests before or on the program application due date.
Interested candidates can apply online via the button above or contact us, at 301.881.3333 or email@example.com