Stay informed and sign up for our newsletter
The Encore Program
(Formerly Senior Leadership Montgomery)
- Five interactive sessions
- “Transition to Retirement” assessment and plan creation
- Knowledge enhancement of Montgomery County history, institutions, and issues
- Community engagement projects
- Intergenerational session day
- Cross-program mentoring opportunities
- Additional opportunities beyond session days, such as learning enhancement, group projects, and special engagement events
The Encore program (formerly the Senior Leadership Montgomery program) is for those recently retired or soon-to-be-retired from full-time employment. This program will help participants discover their post-professional leadership purpose.
During the program, participants will identify values, skills, interests, and goals that will help them transition from organizational leadership to a community leadership role. Participants will engage in immersive sessions and activities while creating plans to utilize their expertise, experience, and passion to strengthen Montgomery County.
Throughout the program, participants will form deeper connections to the people, organizations, and resources in Montgomery County, enhancing their capacity to tackle community issues and challenges. In addition, the program offers exclusive opportunities beyond session days, such as learning enhancements, group projects, and special engagement events.
Participants leave the program as part of an exclusive alumni network of more than 2,500 leaders who are better informed of county history and present-day realities. They also emerge better connected to the people, organizations, and service opportunities that can collectively move Montgomery County forward.
Our participants can expect to:
- Transition organizational leadership capabilities into civic leadership
- Expand their network of peers
- Enhance their knowledge and capacity to address community issues
- Uncover a strengthened commitment to civic engagement
The Encore program meets once every other month between September and May of each year for a total of five sessions. Each full-day session typically runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 2023-2024 session days are as follows:
- Friday, Sept 29, 2023
- Friday, Nov. 10, 2023
- Friday, Jan 12, 2024
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024*
- Friday, May 10, 2024
*Joint session with CORE and Emerging Leaders
Monthly sessions are half-days, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at sites throughout Montgomery County.
- Live in Montgomery County
- Be planning to retire from full-time work within the calendar year or have retired within the last five years
- Be willing to give their time, energy, and expertise to volunteer/community service
- Complete and submit an application for the Encore program by April 21, 2023
The full tuition cost is $950. Tuition assistance is available through an application process and is subject to available funds. Applicants must submit tuition assistance requests before or on the program application due date.
Interested candidates can apply online via the button above or contact us, at 301.881.3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org