Donohoe Companies Participate in National Rebuilding Day
May 5, 2018 – Last week the Donohoe Companies exemplified successful employee volunteerism and community involvement when executing a colossal project changing the lives of one our neighbors in Montgomery County. Their efforts we a part of Rebuilding Together Montgomery County’s National Rebuilding Day. After a month of planning and coordination with a dozen partner organizations donating skills and supplies, more than 50 Donohoe volunteers transformed the home of a local family.
See more photos from their day of service here.
- A Wider Circle
- Carpentry & Hardware Services, Inc.
- Complete Building Services
- Design House Kitchens & Appliances
- DiGregorio Drywall
- Donohoe Construction
- Owl Pest Prevention
- Palm Facility Services
- Precision Wall Tech Inc.
- Rupert Landscaping
- RV Carey’s Plumbing and Heating
The work completed for these vulnerable neighbors included:
- Replaced the mailbox
- Installed grab bars throughout the home
- Made additions to the bathroom to make it more accessible for the residents with limited mobility
- Installed new cabinet to support sink area in kitchen
- Provided pest control treatments
- Sealed all interior/exterior entry points for pests
- Provided two deep cleanings of the interior of the home
- Provided two trash cans for the kitchen and bedroom
- Provided a walker with a seat for resident
- Replaced broken furniture
- Set the residents up with local services for meals, tax services, and transportation
- Replace the residents’ mattress and box spring
- Removed trash, broken furniture, mattresses, etc. from the house
- And more!
Corporate groups interested in completing a similar project with Rebuilding Together Montgomery County can contact James Itell at 301-947-9400 x 105 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.